Our Adult Ballet classes are tailored to the specific needs of Adults and we offer a variety of classes at many of levels:
- Basic Beginners – this is for the Adult that has had no ballet or dance training and gets you ready to move into Beginners level.
- Beginners – if you have danced as a child then this would be the class to start at.
- Beginners plus – if you have danced as a teenager then this is the class for you.
- Discovering Repertoire – this is a new programme and is a step up from beginners plus which enable the student to learn and dance well know variations. Exams are offer but are not compulsory.
- Open class – this is for the more advanced adult who perhaps has had a number of years experience at the higher grades.
- Pointe Class – you are required to be at beginners plus level to under take this class. This will build your strength to enable a safe transition to pointe and/or build on your pointe work strength.
- Pilates Class – to supplement your ballet training building core strength.
- Contemporary – this is an expressive style of dance which combines Classical and Modern techniques. These classes aim to release tension, increase body mobility and strength.
UNIFORM – Ballet shoes are required. There is no uniform as such – wear whatever you feel most comfortable in. A black camisole leotard and skirt will be required for exams however this can be discussed with your teacher closer to the time.
Adult BalletThese class involve ballet movements to music adapted to everyone's own ability and the focus will be on fun whilst toning the body. Something for everyone including pilates.
|Basic Beginners - absolutely no experience||One 60 min lesson per week||$169 per term|
|Beginners - some experience necessary||One 60 min lesson per week|
-Previous experience necessary.
|Discovering Repertoire lvl2 - a step up from beginners plus - optional exam|
|Open Class - for the more experienced student (intermediate level)|
|Adult Pilates||One 60min lesson per week||$160 per term in conjunction with an Adult ballet class otherwise $175 per term|
|Adults Pre-Pointe||One 30 minute lesson per week||$90 per term in conjunction with an Adult ballet class otherwise $135 per term|
|Adults pointe - must have pointe experience or moving up form pre-pointe|
|Contemporary- Beginners, little or no experience in contemporary||One 60min lesson per week||$169 per term|
|Contemporary - Open, more suited to those with prior experience||One 60min lesson per week||$169 per term|
*Tuition fees are based on a minimum of 32 weeks per year averaging 8 weeks per term, however some terms are longer, but no extra charge is made. Tuition fees are payable by the first day of each term.
Additional exam lessons may be required prior to the exam and this will be charged for separately along with exam fees.