Our Adult Ballet classes are tailored to the specific needs of Adults and we offer a variety of classes at many of levels incorporating Silver Swans in some classes:
- Basic Beginners – this is for the Adult that has had no ballet or dance training and gets you ready to move into Beginners level.
- Beginners – if you have danced as a child then this would be the class to start at.
- Beginners plus – if you have danced as a teenager then this is the class for you.
- Discovering Repertoire – this is a new programme and is a step up from beginners plus which enable the student to learn and dance well known variations. Exams are offered but are not compulsory.
- Grade 7 – this is an alternate to Discovering Repertoire and is a step up from beginners plus. Exams are offered but are not compulsory.
- Open class – this is a step up from Discovering Rep and Grade 6.
- Open Plus class – this is a step up from the open class and is most suited to the more advanced dancer.
- Pre-Pointe Class – This will build your strength to enable a safe transition to pointe.
- Pointe Class – you are required to be at beginners plus level to under take this class, and have completed the pre-pointe class or already be on pointe.
- Progressing Ballet Technique (PBT) – to supplement ballet training, building core strength.
UNIFORM – Ballet shoes are required. There is no uniform as such – wear whatever you feel most comfortable in. A black camisole leotard and skirt will be required for exams however this can be discussed with your teacher closer to the time.
Adult BalletThese class involve ballet movements to music adapted to everyone's own ability and the focus will be on fun whilst toning the body. Something for everyone including progressing ballet technique (PBT).
|Basic Beginners - absolutely no experience||One 60 min lesson per week||$156 (plus gst) per term|
|Beginners - some experience necessary||One 60 min lesson per week|
-Previous experience necessary.
|Discovering Repertoire lvl2 - a step up from beginners plus - optional exam||One 60 min lesson per week or if doing the exam two 60 minute lessons per week||$156 (plus gst) per term or $306 (plus gst) for 2 lessons per week|
|Discovering Repertoire lvl3 - a step up from lvl 2 - optional exam||One 60 min lesson per week or if doing the exam two 60 minute lessons per week|
|Grade 7 - an alternate to discovering repertoire||One 60 min lesson per week or if doing the exam two 60 minute lessons per week|
|Open Class - a step up from beginners plus||One 60 min lesson per week||$156 (plus gst) per term|
|Open plus - a step up from the Open Class, for the more experienced dancer|
|Adults Pre-Pointe||One 30 minute lesson per week||$82 (plus gst) per term in conjunction with an Adult ballet class otherwise $120 (plus gst) per term|
|Adults pointe - must have pointe experience or moving up from pre-pointe|
|Progressing Ballet Technique (PBT)||One 45min lesson per week||$120 (plus gst) per term|
*Tuition fees are based on a minimum of 32 weeks per year averaging 8 weeks per term, however some terms are longer, but no extra charge is made. Tuition fees are payable by the first day of each term.
Additional exam lessons may be required prior to the exam and this will be charged for separately along with exam fees.